Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"The test of a first-rate intelligence..."


I posted this because I randomly came across this quote for the second time today. I was listening to a podcast when I was getting ready for work this morning, and the dude referenced this quote. The second time, I saw it on the side panel of someone's site. Seeing as tho I'm not one to just disregard things like this, I decided to post it up. 

During the podcast, the speaker was talking about his way of taking from different belief systems to shape his morals. He mentioned that there's valuable info and common ground in certain principles that seem to conflict, but if you can find a way to connect the two in harmony, it's a sure sign of higher thinking/ intelligence.  It eliminates the urge to generalize and state that one's belief is wrong over another. 

That in itself can cause a huge conflict among people.... and it does.

Related Links:

No comments :